Dot Background

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Christmas In July


Happy Holidays ... Happy Holidays!   Lots of folks must be thinking of the countdown to Christmas because our SCS Crafty Girls Blog Hop for this month was holiday (Thanks Patty!)   Patty must have Christmas on her list because she was just named to the Design Team for the 52{Christmas} Card Throwdown so I've added it to my weekly challenge list and hope to get some inspiration going to get Holiday cards done early!   How fun is that?  

Well I know you're in for a HOLIDAY TREAT when you head to the other Crafty Gals Blogs and see the inspiration they've come up with! 

Jeannette - Cre8tive Play
Melina - Crafty Scrapper


I'm very pleased how my first holiday card turned out,  usually the first design is not one I'm keeping but this is the MOJO Monday 248 Sketch and I think it came out nice!   The gals over at Paper Players were thinking Christmas in July and it's good to have 10 more cards done for the "100 in 100" Challenge I'm doing!   Stay Inspired!

Supplies:  CTMH Paper Mistletoe,  CS Cranberry, Olive,  Stamps:  CTMH December Word Puzzle (D1313),  CTMH Opaques Pearl, CTMH Ribbon Mistletoe,  Stickles Xmas Red

13 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card Lela--I love all of the layers. Pretty colors and a perfect card for our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lela....i love how you popped the ornament out....what pretty colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely lovely! What a great sketch and great use of the colors and images! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Lela, I love that green ornament popping up and your DPs as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a really great job with that sketch, love the designer paper you used and your ornament really stands out! I'm hoping to have all my holiday cards finished early this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I like how the ornament pops off the page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card! LOVE the traditional colors--and fabulous layout! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous!!! Love that ornament popped up! Thanks for playing along with us at the Paper Players

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's really lovely! I love the colors and you used the MOJO sketch perfectly. So glad Patty looped you into 52CCT - hope to see more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fab Lela, you did wonderfully with the sketch!
    Thanks for sharing your card with us at 52 CCT! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love these patterns. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How sweet! I love the layout and the sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This really makes me waant to sit down and start all my Christmas cards! I think I just might do that this weekend! Lol! :-)

    ReplyDelete